Mai Chau valley is a rural district of Hoa Binh province in the northwestern region of Vietnam. The scenery, lovely people and the great local food of Mai Chau attract more and more tourists. Its population of nearly 56.000 (year 2009) with a mixture between The Muong and The Thai people who mostly live in the wooden houses on the stilts make Mai Chau become a beautiful land with rich culture, Besides, the roads to Mai Chau valley is ideal for motorcycle touring. Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert will take you there on the small countryside roads which offer the beautiful scenery and the reality of the hill tribes’ daily life.
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau: 180 Km (L,D – Home stay)
Start the day at 8:00 AM from your hotel in Hanoi. Motorbike up to the western mountain area of Vietnam, just after one hour riding from the city center we will join the back-roads and enjoy a great motorcycle tour to experience the real Vietnam with the beautiful nature, rustic villages of the Muong and Thai people who live in a charming wooden stilt houses. After lunch we will have great motorbike ride along the Da river lake which remind you a motorcycle tour on the coastlines. The road is almost quiet and winding between the rocky mountain and the green watered river lake. There are some different roads up to Mai Chau but this road could be the best for motorcycle touring from Hanoi. Arrive Mai Chau at around 5:00 PM
Day 2: Mai Chau – Hanoi: (B,L)
There are 2 good choices to ride back Hanoi from Mai Chau:
Option 1: Short Motorcycle Tour back to Hanoi: 150 Km
This is good choice for tourists who wanna short and easy ride to spend more time to discover Mai Chau. Just start the day slowly with a local café, viewing the rice fields in front of the stilt house. After a short walk around the village of the Thai people and a simple breakfast with them, we continue the motorbike tour in northern Vietnam around a valley to feel and taste the insight into Mai Chau.’s beauty and culture by riding motorbike through the rice fields via some rustic villages of the Thai people who live in lovely wooden houses. Then cross Thung Khe pass – one of the most beautiful mountain passes in North Vietnam to join the big road back to Hanoi. Back to Hanoi and finish the short and enjoyable Vietnam motorbike tour before rush hours.
Option 2: Motorcycle Tour on Ho Chi Minh Trail back to Hanoi: 190 Km
This is great choice for experienced riders! We will ride further down to the south of the valley along the Ma river bank through green bamboo forest to get to the Ho Chi Minh trail. Just before getting on the trail we can have some offroad motorbike ride in mountain district of Cam Thuy. After lunch it is a amazing motorbike ride on Ho Chi Minh trail up to Hanoi. Back to Hanoi at around 5:00 PM.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”