Southern Vietnam is famous for the Mekong River delta in which the Vietnamese people produce around 20 million tons of rice each year and thousand tons of rice. Besides, beautiful and clean beaches are easily found in the coastlines in the South of Vietnam. Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert designs plenty of motorcycle tours around this large delta. But this 6 day loop motorbike tour from Sai Gon is one of the best Southern Vietnam motorbike tours we recommend. It offers a full view of the Mekong River delta and some great motorbike ride on the coastal roads.
Day 1 : Ho Chi Minh city – Chau Doc: 220 km (L,D – Hotel)
Start the southern Vietnam Motorbike Tour at around 8:00 am. we’ll have great experience motorbike ride between the plenty of other local’s motorbikes, scooters; everybody is like floating with the traffic on the road. After a short but not easy ride we will be outskirts of Ho Chi Minh city where we can see the large green rice fields. From here we can choose to have ride on the back-roads and through some rustic village on the countryside roads then it’s time to enjoy the beautiful Vietnam motorbike tour. We will finish the first day of southern Vietnam motorbike tour in Chau Doc at about 5:00 pm.
Day 2: Chau Doc – Can Tho: 150 km (B,L,D – Hotel)
After breakfast, we will have an hour motorboat trip to a floating village where you can see the real life of some local in the Mekong delta who live all the lifetime on the water and moving everyday. Then we will pay a visit to Cham village, mosque and sarong workshop and then keep motorcycle touring through Mekong on the dirt roads to Cho Moi, past Hoa Hao Buddhist Holly pagoda. Lunch is in simple local restaurant. In the afternoon we take a little ferry to the island to get to the Monastery, which was built 120 years ago by the French. This is the first Monastery building site in Indochina, established in 1874.Then heading the southeast with a enjoyable motorbike tour to Can Tho. Arrival Can Tho in the late afternoon. Check in the room in hotel.
Day 3: Can Tho – Ben Tre: 120 km (B,L,D – Home stay)
Start the short but great southern Vietnam motorbike tour to Ben Tre by taking a boat trip to Cai Rang floating market – It is the most famous and busiest fruit market in Southern Vietnam. Just relax on boat and experience the interesting daily life of local people who are both businessmen in the market and farmers on the rice fields. After that, it’s time for short but beautiful motorbike tour through the Mekong delta to Ben Tre. Finish the day at 4:30 pm in a peaceful village in Ban Tre. Home stay.
Day 4: Ben Tre – Vung Tau: 190 km (B,L,D – Hotel)
After having breakfast with the family, we will take a rowing boat trip on small rivers to experience the peaceful delta region and have look at some fruit orchards, coconut groves, Bee farm and enjoy honey tea, seasonal fruit, fresh coconut candy and southern Vietnamese folk music. Disembark habour, then continue the the Vietnam motorcycle tour Mekong delta to Vung Tau. The ride today is quite busy in the afternoon but it’s worthy to have great motorcycle tour on coastlines after that. We arrival Vung Tau at about 5:00 pm. Check in hotel and overnight in Vung Tau.
Day 5: Vietnam Motorbike Tour on coastline to Mui Ne: 180 km (B,L,D – Hotel)
After breakfast, We will leave Vung Tau for Phuoc Hai hamlet, it is beautiful motorbike tour on coastal roads, we will have some stop for visiting Dam historical mountain and Long Phuoc Tunnels. After lunch in Phuoc Hai, keep motorbike touring on coastlines passing quiet pine forest of Loc An and we arrive Binh Chau hot spring, take a mud bath and relax on Hot Spring Lake , lunch is served in the restaurant nearby the Hot Spring lake. In the afternoon, enjoy a great motorcycle ride to beautiful beach Mui Ne. Finish the beautiful motorbike tour on coastal roads in south Vietnam with having a swim at Mui Ne beach.
Check in the room in small hotel close to the beach.
Day 6: Mui Ne – Sai Gon: 230 km (B,L)
After breakfast in hotel, we will start the day with a short motorbike ride to Mui Ne Cape. It’s short ride but it must be the highlight of the 6 day Vietnam motorbike tour from Saigon, we’ll have some interesting stops to visit and enjoy Fairy stream, then pay another visit to the fishing village of Mui Ne and especially stop for great time on the enormous red sand dunes. After that we keep motorcycle touring to Ho Chi Minh city and do some more stops at fishing villages to discover how fishermen doing the daily work: net fishing, selling fish, mending fishing net.
We will be back to Saigon and finish great motorbike tour Mekong delta and coastlines Vietnam at about 5:00 pm.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”