This 6 Day Northeast Vietnam Motorcycle Tour is one of the most recommended Motorcycle tours in North Vietnam. The tour takes you to the most remote areas in Northern Vietnam, offers the most imposing view of rocky mountain in Ha Giang and shows you the most beautiful lakes in northern mountain area of Vietnam!
Day 1: Hanoi – Ba Be lake: 240 Km (L,D – Home stay)
Start the Northern Vietnam Motorbike Tour to Ba Be lake at around 8:00 AM. It’s a big motorbike riding day today, it takes a half day to get away from the bustles until we get to Cho Chu town where we have lunch. In the afternoon, we surely have enjoyable motorcycle ride to Ba Be National Park because the ride is almost on the backroads with much less traffic and offers you a lot of grand view of green mountain. At about 4 PM, We arrive Pac Ngoi – a beautiful village of Tay people which located peacefully at Ba Be lake’s side. Drop the bikes and enjoy the peace of the area with some cold beer!
Ba Be Lake have a area of water surface around 500ha, with 8 km in length and 1 km in width it is known as the biggest natural lake in Vietnam, situated in Ba Be district – carster terrain pertaining to low-lying lands of North Vietnam raising mass. This raising mass was formed by the destruction of South East Asia continental mass at the end of Cambri era, around 250 million years ago. Due to its special geological constitution, the Lake has very original and special features compared with other world-wide karster lakes: world karster lakes are spent or only with one-season water, while Ba Be Lake has its permanent full-water.
Day 2: Ba Be lake – Bao Lac: 130 km (B,L,D – Hotel stay)
Start the day from early morning, take a short walk to the pier of the lake then take a boat trip around the Ba Be lake – another Halong bay on land. After the relaxing boat trip, get back to the bikes and keep motorbike touring northern Vietnam up to Bao Lac. We start the day with the short motorbike ride through small corner of the Ba Be national park. Lunch is served after getting out of the National Park. After lunch, we will have great offroad motorbike tour in Vietnam. It offers a lot of fun to ride crossing some streams or bamboo bridges. This is a short motorbike ride but it must be the highlight of this North Vietnam motorcycle tour. We arrive Bao Lac town at about 5 PM.
Day 3: Bao Lac – Dong Van: 140 km (B,L,D – Hotel stay)
Today is a relaxing and enjoyable riding day after 2 big and busy days of long ride, boat ride and challenges of offroad motorbike ride. Start the day late at 9 AM when the sun brights, ride slowly along the Gam river to enjoy the green mountains and mountains. Lunch is served when we arrive Meo Vac. After lunch, it must be the best beautiful Vietnam motorbike tour to ride crossing the Ma-Pi-Leng pass ( It’s one of the longest and most beautiful mountain passes in North Vietnam). We can have hundreds of stops for picturing The Dong Van Rock Plateau Global Geo-park, and talking with the local ethnic minorities to learn more about their culture and way of life.
Day 4: Dong Van – Ha Giang: 150 km ( B,L,D – Hotel or Home stay)
Today’s motorbike tour to Ha Giang must be another highlight of the trip as we will visit one of the most remote land in Vietnam where the local hill tribes are know as the poorest but can be the happiest. Beside, this Northern Vietnam motorcycle ride offers imposing view of the Dong Van Global Geopark, the King Vuong palace in Dong Van, The “Heaven Gate” in Quan Ba. For many bikers this is the best motorbike tour in northern Vietnam with many interesting and amazing things you can see in every meter of the road. Arrive Ha Giang in the late afternoon and it is up to your emotion to stay with the Tay people in a stilt house or stay in a hotel in Ha Giang town.
Day 5: Ha Giang – Thac Ba lake: 170 km (B,L,D – Home stay)
Start the Ha Giang motorbike tour to Thac Ba lake at around 8 AM. We will motorcycle down on the highway No 2 about 60 Km and then take a motorbike ride on the backroads through some some large rice paddy fields and many rustic villages of the colorful hill tribes. Especially, when we get close to the lake, the motorbike along the lake bank must be another highlight of this motorcycle tour in northern Vietnam. We will be at the Dzao people’s village of Vu Linh at around 3:30 PM, just leave the bikes in their house and take a boat tour on Thac Ba Lake – another Halong bay on mountain area.
Thac Ba Lake was created in 1970 by the construction of a dam on the Chay River. The lake covers a total area of 23.400 ha with 1,331 islands and hills with diverse ecological environments. The water in the lake is blue and clear, and imprinted with the reflections of the surrounding ancient forest. It know as another Halong bay in Vietnam and ideal place to relax and have rest after a long motorbike tour in Vietnam
Day 6: Thac Ba Lake – Hanoi: 180 km (B,L)
As a Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert, we can take you back to Hanoi on 2 different roads. You can choose to ride on one of them depending on your mood:
Option 1: Short Motorbike Ride back to Hanoi: 180 Km.
Ride motorbike southeast to Tuyen Quang province cross some green tea fields, then join the highway going down to Hanoi. Get back to the Red rever dike to ride back to city center Hanoi. Arrive at 4:00 PM.
Option 2: Offroad Vietnam Motorbike Tour to Hanoi: 190 Km
We will take you on longer and much more rugged roads down to Doan Hung town. It’s about 80 km in length but offers you 80% offroad motorbike ride, It is short but could be unforgettable offroad motorbike ride in Vietnam. Then from Doan Hung we keep riding on the backroads along the river dike down to Hanoi. Arrive Hanoi and finish the 6 Day Northern Vietnam motorbike tour at around 5:00 PM.
Tags: Vietnam motorbike tours | motorbike tours Vietnam | Vietnam by motorbike | motorcycle tours Vietnam | motorbike north Vietnam | motorcycle tour northern Vietnam | Vietnam motorcycle tour | motorbike ride Vietnam
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”