After many year touring around Vietnam by Motorbikes, we realized that Northern Vietnam has enough conditions to have an wonderful motorcycle ride. This 8 Day motorcycle tour Vietnam offer a great chance to discover all the hidden beauties of land and people in the Northeast of Vietnam. During the motorbike ride, you’ll see many different colorful hill tribes with great view of Ha Giang and Dong Van Rock plateau, Thac Ba and Ba Be lake or the most beautiful waterfall of Ban Gioc.
Day 1: Hanoi – Thac Ba Lake: 180 km (L,D – Home stay)
Start discovering the Northeast Vietnam by motorbike at 8:30 from our bike store. We’ll head out of Hanoi on the winding road along the red river. It’s a beautiful 50 km dyke road from Hanoi to Viet Tri town. After the town we can be back to ride along the Thao river up to North Vietnam. The ride along the winding dike road is one of the highlights of this Northeast Vietnam motorcycle trip. After lunch in Doan Hung Town, we have 2 different choices to be on the long or short road to Thac Ba lake. If we arrive at the lake early and the weather permits, we’ll have a short boat trip around the Thac Ba lake – one of the largest lakes in North Vietnam.
After breakfast with the friendly host (Family of the Dzao people), we’ll keep motorcycle touring up to North Vietnam to Ha Giang, The ride in the morning is almost on the back road along the Thac Ba lake it crosses some short mountain passes the after lunch we’ll hit the smooth road straight to Ha Giang. We could be in Ha Giang early to ask permits to continue the motorbike ride to remote area along the Chinese border in the following days.
Day 3: Ha Giang – Dong Van : 150 km (B,L,D – Hotel stay)
It’s the short distance of motorbike riding today but the road is zigzag and not easy so we can’t ride fast however, the Ha Giang motorcycle tour to Dong Van via the Rock Plateau or the Global Geo-park is one of the best motorbike tours in Vietnam. Every meters of that “snake” roads offer you a amazing view of mountain or the rustic but interesting villages of the colorful hill tribes. We’ll finish the great day touring in Dong Van at around 4;30 PM.
This is another short day of motorbike touring in Ha Giang, before starting the motorcycle riding, you can have a short walk around the Dong Van town to see the local market where you can see some different color hill tribes or to have a look at some beautiful ancient buildings in town. After leaving the peaceful town of Dong Van, we continue the Northern Vietnam Motorbike Touring on the rock plateau of Ha Giang and cross the imposing Ma Pi Leng pass – one of the longest and most beautiful passes in the North of Vietnam. After lunch in Meo Vac, we’ll hit all the way down along the Nho Que river to the town on the riverside named Bao Lac.
Day 5: Bao Lac – Quang Uyen : 185 km (B,L,D – Home stay)
After simple breakfast in town, we keep riding along the Nho Que river. The ride offers a different view of mountain from the view of the Rock plateau you’ve seen days before. (Mountain looks greener with plantation and rice terraces). After lunch in the rustic restaurant in the middle of nowhere, we continue the North Vietnam motorcycle ride up to Cao Bang then cross the city to join again a quiet, joyful back-road to ride to up all the way to Ban Gioc waterfall in the top North Vietnam. We’ll stay on the way at Quang Uyen town in the guest house or home stay with the Tay people.
This is another highlight of this motorcycle tour in North Vietnam, we’ll ride to the one of the most remote areas in the North of Vietnam which offers mostly back-road and off-road motorbike ride with amazing view of mountain. We’ll get touched to the Chinese border where Vietnam and China share the most beautiful and imposing waterfall – the Ban Gioc waterfall. After picnic lunch, we’ll enjoy the relaxing time at the waterfall, taking pictures of the nature’s beauty or swimming at the natural pool nearby the waterfall. In the afternoon, we’ll take ride motorbike back to Cao Bang city, spend a night in the city to enjoy the different excitement of the City in Northern Vietnam after staying some nights in remote part of Vietnam.
Day 7: Cao Bang – Ba Be Lake : 150 km (B,L,D – Home Stay)
After getting out of the city, we join the winding road No3, crossing some mountain passes and hit all the way down to the Ba Be lake. This motorbike ride to Ba Be lake takes about 4 hours so we’ll have lunch when reaching to the lake, after lunch we’ll have short boat trip around the largest Natural lake in Vietnam – Ba Be lake. This is the highlight of the day and also of this Vietnam motorbike tour, this promise to be best relaxing time after a long motorbike ride on ad off-road in mountain areas in Northern Vietnam.
Ending the 8 day enjoyable motorcycle tour in North Vietnam with a long ride back to Hanoi from Ba Be lake. The ride in the morning is still on the mountain passes or rugged roads, the experienced team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert will do their best to ride on the safe and easy roads as more as possible to get closed to Hanoi. When we get closer and closer to Hanoi there’ll be no choice but to join the busy road with the local to ride back to the city center. The tour will end at around 4:30 PM.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”