Northwest Vietnam Motorbike Tour – 6 Days
Duration: 6 days
Destination: Hanoi – Mai Chau – Moc Chau – Phu Yen – Mu Cang Chai – Than Uyen – Sapa – Thac Ba Lake
Northwest Vietnam is not only famous for amazing view of terrace rice fields or breathtaking scenery but also the hidden land of the Vietnamese culture. Motorcycle touring in Northwest Vietnam is always a good choice and always be one of the best in collection of Motorbike tours in North Vietnam.
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau: 170 Km (L,D – Home Stay)
Hanoi motorbike tour to Mai Chau starts from the western outskirts of Hanoi at 8:30 am. Just after 45 minute riding we will be in countryside back- roads through some rural villages locating between hills and rice fields. Lunch is in Yen Lac – Hoa Binh provice, the ride in the afternoon promise to be one of the best Northern Vietnam motorbike tours, As the Motorbike Tour Expert, we are different from the other Hanoi motorcycle tour organizers to take you on the better and safer roads with more beautiful view. All this motorbike ride is on mountain back-roads with beautiful view of mountain, river and cute houses on stilts. We will be in Mai Chau valley at 5:00 pm. Home stay with the Thai people.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Phu Yen: 150 Km (B,L,D – Hotel Stay)
After local breakfast with the host, take it easy with a short walk around the peaceful villages of the Thai people who live on the stilted-houses. Then get back to the bikes and keep motorcycle touring North Vietnam up to Moc Chau. To avoid the highway No 6, we will motorcycle on the small mountain road that was built by the French, this road is almost empty and offers very beautiful view of mountain. The short motorbike ride on this forgotten road must be the highlight of the northwest Vietnam motorcycle tour. After lunch in Moc Chau we will hit all the way to Da river lake, after crossing the lake, we’ll have another great motorbike ride along the river, this ride promise to be the same as the coastal road Vietnam motorcycle tour. We arrive at Phu Yen in early afternoon, if you are not tired you can keep riding around the Phu Yen valley through some villages and rice fields, it can offer a joyful offroad motorcycle ride.
Day 3: Phu Yen – Mu Cang Chai – Than Uyen: 210 Km (B,L,D – Hotel stay)
We have “Pho” – a “must-try” food in Vietnam for breakfast. Depart at around 8:00 am. the ride today will be surely the highlight of the Northern Vietnam motorbike tour. We’ll cross some of the longest and most beautiful mountain passes in North of Vietnam which can give you amazing pictures of mountain and terrace fields. The road is smooth and sealed but the scenery and the rustic villages of the hill tribes a long the way will make you stop every meters of the road. Personally, this is one of the best motorbike tours in Vietnam. We will end the day at the hotel in Than Uyen at 5:00 pm.
Day 4: Than Uyen – Sapa: 110 Km (B,L,D – Hotel)
This motorbike ride to Sapa is another highlight of the northwestern Vietnam motorcycle tour. The ride of the first half will cross large green tea plantaion and then the other half of the ride must be one of the best motorbike tours in Vietnam when we motorcycle up and up on the O Qui Ho pass – one of the longest and most beautiful pass in Northern Vietnam. We will be in up to level of 1600 m above the sea level where we call the town in cloud – Sapa at noon time. In the afternoon, we will have short motorbike tour around Sapa to some rustic villages of the Black H’mong , the Tay and the Zay people, in addition, the Sapa motorbike ride along the Muong Hoa valley promises to give you plenty pictures of breathtaking scenery of this most beautiful valley in North Vietnam. We will be back to the hotel in Sapa town in the late afternoon.
Day 5: Sapa – Thac Ba Lake: 220 Km (B,L,D – Home stay)
Start the Sapa motorbike tour to Thac Ba lake earlier than usual. Back on the bike at around 8:00 and enjoy a great ride on the small winding mountain roads through some rural villages located on the mountain with nice terrace surrounded. The motorbike trip to Thac Ba lake today offers a great chance to see China because after Sapa we will get close to China and have a short ride along the border. After lunch in Pho Rang, we will make a turn to back-roads through lovely villages with beautiful rice fields between the palm tree hills. The last 80 km ride must be one of the most beautiful motorbike tours in Northern Vietnam. We will be in peaceful village of the Dzao people that located nearby the Thac Ba lake bank, drop the bikes in the village and have a great boat trip around the lake for about one hour.
Day 6: Thac Ba Lake – Hanoi: 180 Km (B,L)
Unlike the other Vietnam Motorbike Tour organizers, the local team of Hanoi Motorcycle Tour will take back to Hanoi on our own road we can be sure that it is much less busier and than their roads. They can copy the text but they can’t copy our good road if they just stay in the office with the computer. Upon on your request, we can offer a short off-road motorbike ride nearby Thac Ba lake. We have no choice for the last 20 km in Hanoi but riding slowly with many other local scooters back to the hotel in city center. We will finish the Northwest Vietnam motorcycle tour at about 4:00 pm.
Tags: motorbike tours in north vietnam | vietnam motorbike tours | motorbike tours north vietnam | motorbike tour vietnam | northern vietnam motorbike tour | motorbike tours in vietnam | hanoi motorbike tour | vietnam motorcycle tour
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”