It is the Northwest- loop Vietnam motorcycle Tour via Mai Chau valley – Mu Cang Chai – Sapa and Thac Ba lake, they are all outstanding attractions in northern Vietnam. In addition, the route we ride on this tour is almost on the back-roads through plenty of rustic villages of the colorful hill tribes that make you get the real experience of the hidden charm of Vietnam.
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau: 190 Km (L,D – Home Stay)
This Hanoi motorbike tour to Mai Chau valley starts at around 8:30 AM from northwestern outskirts of Hanoi. After one hour riding, we will be in mountain area and the motorcycle tour to Mai Chau becomes very enjoyable. The ride is almost on the small countryside roads along the Da river through rice fields and farming villages, after lunch in Hoa Binh we will ride through plenty of limestone mountain between the rustic village of the Muong and the Thai people. This route is the “copyright” of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert, None of the other Vietnam motorcycle tour companies know this route. So today is the difference and could be the highlight of the 8 day motorbike tour in northern Vietnam. Arrive at Mai Chau around 5 PM.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Phu Yen: 150 km (B,L,D – Hotel stay)
The motorcycle tour to Phu Yen is quite relax, easy and joyful. With the length of 150 km, the road up to Phu Yen is almost quiet, winding and offers a lot of stops for visiting the local ethnic people and picturing amazing view of mountain. Especially, in the afternoon, after crossing the Da river lake by a ferry we will have great Vietnam motorcycle tour on the lake bank to enjoy stunning view of the river lake and mountain . This ride reminds you coastlines motorcycles tour in central or South Vietnam. We arrive Phu Yen town at around 4:30 PM.
Phu Yen is a little town located between mountains and quite large rice fields, if time permits, after checking in the hotel we can have a short motorbike ride around the rice fields and villages nearby the town.
Day 3: Phu Yen –Mu Cang Chai – Than Uyen : 210km (B,L,D – Hotel stay)
Start the day earlier today because the North Vietnam motorbike tour to Than Uyen is quite long and offers plenty of stops for photographing amazing mountain view. Right after the town we will be on the winding and beautiful Lung Lo pass and then hit the quiet road to Tu Le – a charming little town where we have lunch. The second half of the day is the highlight of the day. After about 1 and half hour riding motorbike from where we have lunch, will be in Mu Cang Chai in which we have great chance to take pictures of the most beautiful terrace fields in northern Vietnam. Arrive Than Uyen at about 5 PM.
This motorcycle ride to Sa Pa is another highlight of the 8 day Northern loop Vietnam motorcycle tour. At first, we will enjoy an easy motorbike ride on the smooth road with beautiful green tea fields and the colorful hill tribes along the way. And then, we will motorcycle on Qui Ho pass (one of 4 longest, highest and most beautiful mountain passes in the north of Vietnam) to cross the Hoang Lien mountain range- the highest mountain range in Vietnam including Fanxipan peak with the height of 3142 meters above sea level. It’s sure that you will have a photo album of the most beautiful valley or mountain view in north Vietnam. We will be at Sa Pa at noon for lunch. After lunch, check in the room in Sapa town and have relaxing time in town with a short walk around the town, enjoy mountain view around or walk to the colorful market of the local hill tribes in town. Dinner is on your own, fell free to choose the local food or western one in any restaurants here.
Day 5: Motorcycle Tour around Sapa: 80 km (B,L,D – Home stay
Start the day at around 9 AM when the sun comes and the fog runs away, Just follow the trekking tourist to to ride along the Muong Hoa valley, the long and beautiful valley in which 5 different colorful hill tribes located and built amazing terrace fields. This Sapa motorcycle ride is free and easy, just ride and stop anywhere to take pictures or try some offroad ride on the muddy roads that the tourists do trekking. We will finish riding in Ban Ho or Thanh Phu village where we do home stay. We can have short trek around the village after leaving the bikes with the family.
Day 6: Sapa – Luc Yen: 170 Km ( B,L,D – Home stay)
It’s a easy ride today, we will motorcycle down and down to Lao Cai where we can have look at China from the Vietnam and China border, after Lao Cai we will have motorcycle tour on the winding road to Luc Yen.
Day 7: Luc Yen – Thac Ba Lake: 80 Km (B,L,D – Home stay)
Another short Motorbike tour to Thac Ba lake but it must be another highlight of The motorcycle tour northern Vietnam. After simple breakfast with the family, saying good bye and motorcycle on the small countryside road through many rustic villages locating on mountain between the palm trees then keep riding on the Thac Ba lake bank to Vu Linh village – the village of the Dzao people located on the lake bank. Lunch is served by the friendly Dzao family. After lunch, we will spend all the time for boat tour on Thac Ba lake.
Day 8: Thac Ba lake – Hanoi: 180 Km (B,L)
Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert will do the best to avoid the main busy road for as long as possible. we will ride longer to get to road No2B which there is less traffics on. Then hit the road down to Red River Delta. Then get on the dike road from Viet Tri town to ride motorbike along the Red river back to Hanoi. We arrive Hanoi at around 4: 00 PM before rush hours and finish the 8 day enjoyable motorbike tour in north Vietnam safely!
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”