Within 9 days, this motorbike tour in north Vietnam shows you almost the outstanding attractions in northern Vietnam including beautiful Thac Ba lake, Ba Be lake, scenic Sapa, amazing Rock plateau of Ha Giang – Dong Van…plenty motorbike tours in North Vietnam were offered by some motorcycle tour organizers in Vietanm but this must be one of the most recommended motorbike tours in Vietnam.
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau: 180 km (L,D – Home stay)
Doing researching on Google Maps, we’ll see the shortest way from Hanoi to Mai Chau is just around 130 km but with the experienced team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert, you will have longer and greater Hanoi motorbike tour to Mai Chau. Instead of taking you on touristy tracks, our team will take you on the back countryside roads through many rural rustic villages with scenic view of mountains and rice paddies. For other Vietnam motorcycle tour organizers this first day could be the hard day, however for us, it must be the highlight of the Motorbike tour in North Vietnam, we’ll be in Mai Chau – a peaceful village of the Thai people at 5:00 pm then depending on your mood, we may have short walk around their lovely village.
After saying good bye to the host in Mai Chau, we’ll be heading up North Vietnam to Moc Chau – one of the most beautiful plateaus in Northern Vietnam and being most famous for green tea farm. Lunch will be served in Moc Chau, after lunch we will ride on the mountain back road to the Da river lake, this ride could be the highlight of this North Vietnam motorbike tour because it will cross some breathtaking mountain passes and many villages of the colorful tribes. After crossing the river on a ferry, we’ll have another great motorbike tour along the river bank to Phu yen, it’s a short ride of about 30 km but must be the best part of the day and it remind you of the motorcycle ride on coastlines. We finish the day at the hotel in Phu Yen town at about 4:30.
Day 3: Phu Yen – Mu Cang Chai – Than Uyen: 210 km (B,L,D – Hotel stay)
This is surely the highlight of this Motorbike Tour in North Vietnam. The ride is on some of the most scenic roads which offer a lot of stops for picturing. We’ll cross Tu Le and Mu Cang Chai, the two remote lands of Yen Bai province where the black H’mong, Dzao and Thai people can make wonderful rice terrace on the mountains. The land is not famous for tourists but for us it’s very the best Vietnam motorbike tour. We’ll finish a long and joyful motorbike tour at the guest house in Than Uyen town at around 5 pm.
Day 4: Than Uyen – Sapa: 110 km (B,L,D – Hotel stay)
The motorbike tour to Sapa today is much shorter and the scenery is completely different from what you’ve seen days before. Instead of viewing the terrace fields, today we’ll ride motorbike mostly on smooth road and enjoy a great view of green tea farm on mountain and picture amazing photos of O Qui Ho pass – one of the most beautiful passes in Northern Vietnam. It’s a short ride but could be one of the most enjoyable motorbike tours Vietnam. We will be in Sapa at lunch time. In the afternoon, we can have short Sapa motorbike tour to beautiful valley of Muong Hoa or have a short walk to some villages of the hill tribes nearby the Sapa town. Just a short ride today but it must be the hightlight of this motorbike tour northern Vietnam. Be back to the hotel in Sapa town at 5 pm.
Sapa motorbike tour to Ha Giang must be the biggest day of this Northern Vietnam motorbike tour, the best part of the day could be the ride after Sapa town when we heading down to Lao Cai city, we will ride on the winding mountain road which offers great view of terrace fields and get touched to the daily life of the local people. After a café in Lao Cai city and visiting the Chinese border, we will keep riding motorbike tour to Ha Giang on the flat winding roads through many rural villages. We will be in Ha Gaing at about 5 pm. Do checking in the hotel room, have early dinner and safe energy for the greater motorcycle tour on the Rock Plateau on the following days.
This Ha Giang motorbike ride to Meo Vac is through the most remote land in Vietnam where the local people don’t even have enough food but they’re always ready to give you a smile with waving hands whenever you’re coming through, where every meters of the road you can find something nice/special to pictures. 170 km motorbike ride on almost the famous Rock plateau of Dong Van, this Ha Giang motorbike tour promises to be one of the best motorbike tours in Vietnam. We’ll finish the highlight day in the late afternoon in Meo Vac town.
Day 7: Meo Vac – Ba Be lake: 180 km (B,L,D – Home stay)
After simple breakfast in a local restaurant, we continue the motorbike tour in North Vietnam to Ba Be lake. The ride today is almost down the hill, the first half of the ride is quiet smooth road along the Nho Que river until Bao Lac where we stop for lunch. After lunch we will have great off-road motorbike ride in North Vietnam, the ride is mostly on the rugged roads crossing some streams by bamboo bridges through plenty villages of the Thai, Dzao, Tay people…we will get to beautiful village of the Pac Ngoi after a short motorbike ride through the Ba Be National park. We do home stay in the village with the Tay family.
Pac Ngoi is a peaceful village of the Tay people who built the houses on the stilt. The village is located nearby the Ba Be lake and surrounded by the National park and a little flat rice paddy, being friendly, insight into the nature and rich in culture, the village is always a great destination for any tourists.
Day 8: Ba Be lake – Thac Ba lake: 160 km (B,L,D – Home stay)
After saying good bye to the Tay’s family, we keep enjoying another short but great north Vietnam motorbike tour to Ba Be lake. The motorbike ride today offers a different view of mountains from the days before. The road is almost flat with a nice view of rice fields, tea plantation and beautiful rural villages. The last 50 km to Thac Ba lake, we can make a turn to rugged and dirt road through some rustic villages instead of sealed road with a view of green tea fields. It’s not long but must be one of the best off-road motorbike ride in North Vietnam. At around 4: 00 pm we’ll get to the peaceful village of the Dzao which locates nearby the Thac Ba lake, leave the bikes with the Dzao friends then take a boat tour around beautiful Thac Ba lake.
Day 9: Thac Ba Lake – Hanoi: 180- km (B,L)
Unlike the other motorbike tour organizers in Vietnam who take tourists back to Hanoi from Thac Ba lake on almost the highway, The experienced team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert promise to offer a great motorbike ride back to Hanoi on almost countryside back-road or even to offer a short some off-road motorbike ride through some rustic villages with nice view of rice fields and tea plantation. For us, this last day could be another highlight of the Northern Vietnam Motorbike Tour. We will be back to Hanoi easily at 4:00 pm and end the great Motorbike tour in North Vietnam safely.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”