Hanoi Motorcycle Tour To Beautiful Lakes – 3 Days
Duration: 3 days
Destination: Hanoi – Thac Ba Lake – Ba Be National Park – Hanoi
With terrain of many high mountains and rivers, northern Vietnam luckily has some famous lakes which are known as Halong bay (Natural World Heritage) on land such as the Ba Be lake – the largest natural lake in Vietnam and the Thac Ba lake – the largest man- made lake in Vietnam. This short Vietnam motorcycle tour from Hanoi to Ba Be and Thac Ba lakes takes 3 day but it offers a great discovery of Vietnam countryside, local culture of the hill tribes and different beauty of Vietnam. Especially, this 3 day tour can offers some great offroad motorbike ride nearby Thac Ba lake. This Northern Vietnam Motorbike Tour is not suitable to the novices.
Day 1: Hanoi – Thac Ba lake : 170 km (L,D – Home stay)
Start the tour at 8:30 AM. We will head up to the northeast of Hanoi on the dike road along the Red river, the 60 km winding dike road offers a safe and interesting motorbike ride because it runs through some rustic villages on the river bank with rice fields around, after around 2 hour motorbike ride from Hanoi, we will have a interesting motorcycle ride on the mountain roads through some bustling town and then we will finish the ride at around 4:00 PM in Vu Linh village – the village of the Dzao people who stay closely to the Thac Ba lake. Leave the bikes and have boat trip touring on the lake if time and weather permits.
Day 2: Thac Ba Lake – Ba Be lake: 180 Km (B,L,D – Home Stay.)
Say good bye to the Dzao family in the village after breakfast, It’s a beautiful North Vietnam motorbike tour through the highlands, through the jungle and pass by some interesting historical sites in Tan Trao district, Tuyen Quang province. After lunch in Cho Chu town we have enjoyable motorcycle riding on the winding roads to the Ba Be lake. We arrive the Bac Ngoi village that is located nearby the largest natural lake in Vietnam – Ba Be lake. Leave the bike in the village and have a boat tour around Ba Be lake for 1 and half hour. We stay with the Tay people in Pac Ngoi village and enjoy a great dinner with them.
Day 3: Ba Be lake – Hanoi: 240 Km (B,L)
It is a big motorbike day tour back to Hanoi, so we will start the day early just in order to finish this Motorbike tour in north Vietnam safely before rush hours, we will try to motorbike on the small road as long as possible, and get away from the highway even it make the day longer but it’s surely better.
Hanoi motorbike tour to beautiful lakes ends in Hanoi at 5:00 PM.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”